Earlier this week, after posting about how people are using Facebook for real-life labor and birth announcements, I went to Twitter to post the link. While there, I played around with the idea of how Joseph and Mary might have announced the birth of Jesus on Facebook or Twitter. My tweets looked like this:
- Wondering what Joseph would have put on FB status for Jesus' birth. OMG Mary in labor & we're stuck in a stable because no room at the inn!
- Social Media Birth Announcements? Can you imagine Joseph tweeting: Our Son Jesus born tonight in Bethlehem stable
- If Joseph tweeted: Jesus wrapped in swaddling & in manger now. HUGE star appeared overhead. Coincidence? Maybe not
- What do you think the shepherds would have tweeted?? Wise men??
- But seriously - today's blog post at SMAS is about welcoming newborns this Advent, and how we spread news via Facebook.