First, let’s agree that the current system is flawed. That individuals and families for whatever reason may not have the opportunity to be covered by a private health insurance plan. Perhaps they have lost their job. Perhaps they are self-employed and choose not to purchase a plan. Perhaps they are hedging their bets that paying for preventive and minor illness care out-of-pocket is cheaper in the long run than paying the per month per person expense; gambling that they won’t need drastic emergency coverage.
Do we really think the nationalized government healthcare plan before the U.S. House of Representatives is the solution??
You’ve probably seen it before, but have you tried to read it? That’s okay. Neither have most of your Congressmen. In fact, Democrats have banned members of Congress from using the chart. Rep. John Carter (another R-TX) was told by the Franking Commission that his use of the phrase “government run health care” in communications to his constituents was now censored, and that he must call it a “public option health care plan”.
Hasn't the Franking Commission heard of the First Amendment?
The proposed Healthcare bill is over 1200 pages long.
Don’t have time to read it? Don't worry, House Judiciary Chairman John Conyers (D-MI) says “What good is reading the bill if it’s a thousand pages and you don’t have two days and two lawyers to find out what it means after you read the bill?”
Lucky for you Peter Fleckenstein took the time to read the bill and twittered/blogged the most offensive points. Want to know what's in the Healthcare bill?
- That the government will have real time access to your financial accounts (page 58) and direct access to your bank account? (pg 59).
- It says in more than one place how healthcare will be rationed.
- Doctors will all be paid the exact same amount, no matter their specialty (pg 241)
- The government will have an advanced care consultation which may include an "end of life" order and the government decides what level of treatment is available at the "end of life". (pgs 429-430)
- The Govt will develop a patient decision making aid program that you & your doctor will have to use. (pg 438 Sec 1236 )
- The government will design and implement a Home Visitation Program to tell you how to parent your children? (pgs 838-840)
- Establishing a National Health Service Corps where doctors must perform mandatory care for two years. (pgs 865-876.)
- The govt takes over the education of our Med students and Drs (pgs 876-892)
- Hope you don’t value your privacy. Page 1001 establishes a National Medical Device Registry for surveillance activities. (Pg. 1003)
- And the kicker that has at least seven states passing State Sovereignty Resolutions is on page 1018 where the bill insists that States give up some of their State Sovereignty.
There's more. A LOT more.
Slow down. Step back. Scrap this.
Go back to the drawing board. See if you can't develop something that encourages more choice, more competition, and less government involvement.